Tales of a Traveling Airbrush

When I write up one of my more memorable masterpieces, or some of my various memories, I will post them here for you to enjoy. Comments are welcome; I'll try to reply.

Here's my logo so you can put a face with my words. Click it to see one of my web pages.


AskLetterfly.com

... or click www.Letterfly.com to see my main page.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Little Dogs

There is nothing better than a little dog. They are good for your soul and promote smiling. I like to get to know the dogs I paint. I am always pleased whether they come running with their tail wagging or if they have a Napoleon complex and have to yap a lot. The goal for Letterfly the artist is always the same; capture their personality with paint. Nuance makes them individual and is essential to include in their portrait. The more I see the more I can include in the painting.
These portraits serve a variety of functions whether I am putting the canine likeness on an RV entry door, a motorcycle sidecar, an auto, truck or a canvas destined to become an heirloom. The image cements the connection we have with the animals we love. Some people honor a pet that has passed on and the image becomes a work of art with immense contemplative and sentimental value. An image that suggests the wind blowing through their fur communicates to the world something fun about this member of the family. Whatever the motivation for the work of art, the task easily qualifies as a labor of love. I just wish I were half as good a guy as the many dogs I have met think I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home