Tales of a Traveling Airbrush

When I write up one of my more memorable masterpieces, or some of my various memories, I will post them here for you to enjoy. Comments are welcome; I'll try to reply.

Here's my logo so you can put a face with my words. Click it to see one of my web pages.


AskLetterfly.com

... or click www.Letterfly.com to see my main page.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

BIRCH TREES

Wow, I love ‘em.
I caught the first glimpse as I was crossing the Berkshires. The sight of young, stark, white growth interrupted the hypnotic drone of the highway. The birch seemed glad to provide diversity amongst the dense, dark, old growth hardwoods. My heart leapt. I had been driving all day - across the breadth of Pennsylvania and halfway up New York State - where I turned right and headed into Massachusetts. The mountainous terrain was flanked with lush forest of a green that affirms that this part of our country receives adequate rainfall. Wildflowers and hayfields added to the mix along either side of the road with occasional long excavations through solid rock providing evidence of a monumental task now complete. Numerous crags and boulders seem to challenge the relentless task of the trees. The mighty rock may very well be proud for having lived for eons and remain unmoved but the tiny sprout that finds a foothold can promote a crack and thrive.
I had plenty of time to reminisce as the drive progressed up and down the mountainous terrain. Observing and admiring the trees growing from all available locations gently provoked a review of my life, perhaps because I performed throughout all of New England thirty years ago with the circus. I am blessed. Anything I have ever wanted to do came easily. As a result, I have enjoyed a career filled with variety, excitement and wonder. Starting as a touring musician, developing a fascination with classical horse training, I excelled at all aspects of creating art with paint. Now writing and entertaining is mixed with an interesting career as an artist and the whole time has been filled with travel. I live an interesting life.
Soon I will be at my destination; Bike Week at Laconia, New Hampshire where I will be creating one-of-a-kind painted pinstriped masterpieces for customers that have motorcycles.
I am blessed and like the birch trees, I have found a way to thrive in whatever environment God has found fit for me in spite of the challenges and obstacles that occur around each bend. I had no idea an epiphany would occur as the result of embracing and enjoying the humble birch tree today. With elation I call to mind the advice the plant kingdom seems to be showing me by its example: “Grow where you are planted”
Seize and enjoy this day, thrive and bless the world with the joy and beauty that is in your heart and until next time, happy motoring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home